Groups of hosting services
A hosting service means depositing and/or sharing given web content on a server run by a hosting distributor. There are different forms of hosting services used for different goals, so let's take a peek at these. Thus, you can decide what you want, depending on whether you wish to set up a weblog, email box accounts, or to share files with buddies and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service delivered by particular firms, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage services are frequently supported by showing advertisements by the download links, while a timer makes you await a certain spell of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file hosting account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a completely inaccurate explanation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would allot the load between individual stacks of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous web site hosting services (mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a sort of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific distributors provide a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting brand is appropriate if you desire to share a great quantity of pics with mates or colleagues since the service is usually free. You will receive a random link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to tackling your mail aliases. Some distributors offer web space hosting solutions for web pages, but do not provide an e-mail solution. If you would like to set up an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to keep a website, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can set up electronic mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip brings about a particular amount of CPU load, so with a few video clips and a few hundred visitors, you may have difficulty with your website hosting supplies. Embedding the video will enable you to use as many videos as you desire without bothering about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to run a site. To some extent, it includes all of the aforesaid hosting categories since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and email address accounts, upload video clips, etc. At theclearhost, for example, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that allow you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one single place. There may be restrictions depending on the sort of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the standard email/file/video/image hosting plans that are tailored for particular web content only.